The Upstate New York FileMaker Developers (UNYFD) user group had another great meeting last Thursday at Creatacor in Clifton Park, NY. We reviewed the 2011 FileMaker Developer Conference and discussed what new development tricks, tools, sessions and vendors impressed the attendees. Some of the favorites included:
- The Year in Review – Presented by John Sindelar of Seedcode
- Practical Techniques for Improving FileMaker WAN Performance – Presented by Mark Richman of Skeleton Key
- Designing Great Data Entry Forms – Presented by Don Levan of Vanguard Custom Software
- Analyzing Your Solution with BaseElements – Presented by Nicholas Orr of Goya Pty, Ltd.
- Trigger Happy (2.0) – Presented by David Knight of Angel City Data
- FileMaker Go Showcase – Presented by Molly Connolly of Thorsen Consulting, Inc.
- FileMaker Go Sync Strategies – Presented by Richard Carlton of Richard Carlton Consulting, Inc.
The most exciting new product announcements seemed to be DocuBin by 360Works (for FileMaker based document management) and the GoZync FileMaker Go Synchronization Framework masterminded by Todd Geist and John Sindelar.
We look forward to seeing everyone next month at our October 20th meeting. More details to follow!