The Taunton Press, Newtown, CT
We worked with FullCity Consulting to design, build, and implement a tailored project management system for our editorial operation. FullCity developed a thorough understanding of our needs and developed a practical, efficient system that supports the way we work. They always came up with multiple solutions to every challenge, and helped guide the process to choose the right one. They are also very responsive to making changes to the program as new needs arise. FullCity Consulting was a pleasure to work with throughout the process.
-Sue Roman, President
Publisher grew organically from producing one magazine to six over a period of years. Each magazine developed independently with its own data base and workflows within the overall business model. Distinct user functions such as accounting, editorial and management were able to have filtered views of an individual publication’s data base.
Data Management Issues
The existence of six different magazines, data bases and workflows created time consuming challenges for the executive staff. The editorial staff, for example, needed a method to track development of content scheduled for one or more publications. The accounting staff needed a system to process payments to contributors, advertisers and vendors associated with one or more publications. Additionally, there was no system in place to manage web content for on-line editions of print publications
1) Developed solution to standardize all forms, layouts and reports for use in all entities so the information could be shared more easily among the entities and used in different magazines without reformatting. (Each individual publication still maintained and managed a separate data base particular to its own operations)
2) Created process to simplify data and entry process, using names and addresses and other identifying data as keys
3) Developed one button click system developed which sent required data of all types to various end-users
4) Built MagTracker application within FileMaker to manage content, payments and process of all web publications; application utilizes existing Excel program, obviating need for new software
1) The solution greatly simplified management oversight of all six publications
2) More efficient operations saved staff time and money
3) Print publication content now fully transferable to dot.com side of the operation
4) FileMaker demonstrates its adaptability to new challenges
Arts Center of the Capital Region
Bank of NY Mellon
Bethlehem Central School District
Chelsea Ear, Nose and Throat
Commission on Independent Colleges & Universities
Dassault Falcon Jet Corp.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
Eaton Hall Exhibitions
Franklin McKinley Schools, San Jose, CA
GCG Risk Management, Inc.
Glen Rock, NJ Police Department
Hain Food Group
J. Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
MidAtlantic Neonatology Associates, P.A.
NJ State Council on the Arts
Northwest Bergen Central Dispatch
NY State Council for The Social Studies
NY State Insurance Fund
NY State Unified Court System
Ray Murray, Inc.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Ridgewood, NJ Public Schools
Sportslink/All American Games
The Taunton Press
UMDNJ (Univ. of Medicine and Dentistry, NJ)