PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM
Ridgewood Public Schools, Ridgewood, NJ
Well respected New Jersey Public School system serving 10,000 plus student families uses a Microsoft SQL Server based Student Information System (SASI). The System provides a very powerful operating platform for school operations but certain reports are difficult to obtain or expensive to produce using in-house developers.
Data Management Issues
High school guidance department want to identify all in-coming students who have a sibling already in high school or who has graduated within the last year. The goal is to create a relationship for the new student with a guidance counselor who has already become familiar with the student’s family dynamics as a result of previously working with his/her sibling. SASI cannot produce this report without extensive and expensive programming. FullCity Consulting was asked to create a simple, inexpensive report identifying these students.
1) Developed a FileMaker database specifically to create the required reporting tool
2) The solution integrates seamlessly with SASI
3) Data is pulled in from three sources: in-coming students, current high school students and recent graduates
4) Data is processed, report is produced but no data is saved in SASI
1) FM reports can be programmed, run and used in a fraction of the time it would take a SQL developer to accomplish the same thing
2) The FM solution integrates seamlessly with SQL and can communicate with SQL, expanding its power
3) School system expands the utility of its SQL system without incurring expensive programming time
4) Middle School administration sees value of High School FM module and decides to develop its own module, building off the High School platform, to manage incoming fifth graders
Arts Center of the Capital Region
Bank of NY Mellon
Bethlehem Central School District
Chelsea Ear, Nose and Throat
Commission on Independent Colleges & Universities
Dassault Falcon Jet Corp.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
Eaton Hall Exhibitions
Franklin McKinley Schools, San Jose, CA
GCG Risk Management, Inc.
Glen Rock, NJ Police Department
Hain Food Group
J. Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
MidAtlantic Neonatology Associates, P.A.
NJ State Council on the Arts
Northwest Bergen Central Dispatch
NY State Council for The Social Studies
NY State Insurance Fund
NY State Unified Court System
Ray Murray, Inc.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Ridgewood, NJ Public Schools
Sportslink/All American Games
The Taunton Press
UMDNJ (Univ. of Medicine and Dentistry, NJ)