BLACKROCK FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
Name Withheld by Request
Two large investment management companies merge. Each has a different data application for their contracts managing vendor related services to clients. The merged company needed a consolidated data base to collect and manage this data. They needed the application to be developed and fully operational very quickly.
Data Management Issues
One of the merged companies had three hundred contracts managing vendor related services to clients in its Excel data base; the other had 3700 contracts in Access and FM data bases. Neither company’s contract management application provided executives with the depth of reporting needed for intelligent decision making. In-house developers were not available to build this application because larger projects generated by the merger consumed their attention.
1) Developed a dynamic, FileMaker metadata application for one of the smaller of the two companies with an eight tab, permission level interface driven by the privilege of the user (24 different permutations)
2) Added new, managerial level to statistical reporting which had not previously existed in either of the company’s applications
3) Cloned the metadata application to build a staging platform for in-take of the merged company’s data
4) Merged data into one unified FM application with the uniform fields, rules and structure
1) New decision-making tool enabled managers to make more informed decisions resulting in fewer lost and dropped contracts, and more satisfied clients
2) Seamless integration of application into operating system
3) Timely completion of work contributed to normalization of merged companies
4) Significant cost savings over in-house development using enterprise level tools
Arts Center of the Capital Region
Bank of NY Mellon
Bethlehem Central School District
Chelsea Ear, Nose and Throat
Commission on Independent Colleges & Universities
Dassault Falcon Jet Corp.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
Eaton Hall Exhibitions
Franklin McKinley Schools, San Jose, CA
GCG Risk Management, Inc.
Glen Rock, NJ Police Department
Hain Food Group
J. Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
MidAtlantic Neonatology Associates, P.A.
NJ State Council on the Arts
Northwest Bergen Central Dispatch
NY State Council for The Social Studies
NY State Insurance Fund
NY State Unified Court System
Ray Murray, Inc.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Ridgewood, NJ Public Schools
Sportslink/All American Games
The Taunton Press
UMDNJ (Univ. of Medicine and Dentistry, NJ)