|ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS
Chelsea Ear, Nose, & Throat, New York City, NY
Client is a successful medical practitioner with an entrepreneurial spirit. He is constantly driving himself to think outside the box for more effective ways to manage the extensive data files in his practice. He presents a desired result and challenges us to create a FileMaker solution to empower him to do what he wants to do.
Data Management Issues
Practitioner had accumulated more than 10,000 client records comprised of many different media in digital audio, still and video formats. The diverse formats complicated the administrative staff’s ability to manage the complex data requirements for scheduling appointments, filing insurance claims, et.al.
1) Created system to accept Electronic Medical Records (EMR) of all types including x-rays, cat scans, voice transcriptions and digital photographs
2) Enabled creation of comprehensive patient records with all data in the same format
3) Linked patient records directly to administrative functions such as sending a fax to the hospital to schedule a surgery appointment
4) Automated patient record system to send all required patient forms to various recipients with one click
5) Developed application to store and print prescriptions from the database; created options menu listing commonly prescriptions which can be selected and instantly processed as needed
1) Creating comprehensive patient files saved time searching for information
2) Converting different types of records to same formats saved money
3) Automating paperwork reduced administrative staff time
4) Integrating database and prescription information streamlines patient management
5) FileMaker platform proves flexible and adaptable to client’s changing needs obviating purchasing and learning a new operating system